nsmiracle is apparently stuck at version 1.2.2 published in 11-07-2008 as shown on his official website.
but that’s not true because is still in development and a currently updated version can be retrieved by using subversion (svn).
let’s see how to proceed.
1) install subversion if miss it and litbool too. libtool is an automated tool that create makefile and configures. open terminal and type
sudo apt-get install subversion libtool
2) download the latest version (actually rev 97) from nsmiracle repository
svn co --username nsmiracle-dev-guest --password nsmiracleguest https://telecom.dei.unipd.it:/tlcrepos/nsmiracle-dev/trunk
3) go inside trunk: main is the nsmiracle latest release and inside addon folder there are sandbox, umts, wimax and other supplementary modules
4) copy main folder and paste wherever you want (i put it inside ns-allinone directory). i suggest to rename main folder to something that you can easily remember (“nsmiracle” for example)
5) open terminal and inside nsmiracle directory type in order (configure need your actually paths. i left mine just for example)
$ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure --with-ns-allinone=/home/lotti/Scrivania/ns/ns-allinone-2.34 --prefix=/home/lotti/Scrivania/ns/ns-allinone-2.34 --disable-static --with-dei80211mr=/home/lotti/Scrivania/ns/ns-allinone-2.34/dei80211mr-1.1.4 $ make $ make install
6) now you’re ready to use nsmiracle
if you need to use also addons here there is an example
1) copy the wanted addon directory inside nsmiracle directory
2) open a terminal and go to the addon freshly pasted directory
3) type (always use your actual paths!):
$ ./autogen.sh $ ./configure --with-ns-allinone=/home/lotti/Scrivania/ns/ns-allinone-2.34 --with-nsmiracle=/home/lotti/Scrivania/ns/ns-allinone-2.34/nsmiracle $ make
run some samples to check if everything works. (some samples are broken – most errors are on loading libraries because of wrong paths)